If you live, work or study in Lincolnshire and have been affected by crime or a road traffic collision, you can contact Victim Lincs for advice and support.
Victim Lincs offer a free, confidential support and information service, available to anybody in Lincolnshire affected by crime:
• regardless of when or where the crime took place
• whether you have reported the crime to the police or not
• whether you are the direct victim of crime, a family member of a victim or have lost a loved one due to crime
• if you have witnessed a crime take place
• if you have been affected by or lost a loved one due to a road traffic (whether it was the direct result of a crime or not)
Victim can work with you, at your pace, to identify further specialist coping and recovery services.
Victim Lincs are independent from the Police and everything you discuss will be in confidence.*
How can Victim Lincs help me?
The Victim Lincs team are specially trained to provide information and advice, as well as work with you to find support best suited to you. They can:
- Provide updates on the case if it has been reported to the police. They will routinely check on its progress to make sure that the officer in charge is keeping you updated
- Provide you with support, reassurance and advice - whether this is just a friendly, confidential chat or to offer practical information
- Work with you to identify specialist support services if you would like further support to help you cope and recover
- Let you know what to expect on your journey through the criminal justice system (if you have reported it to the police), including your rights as a victim
- Work with the local neighbourhood policing teams and specialist units within Lincolnshire Police to provide crime prevention advice and reassurance visits.
Contact Victim Lincs
Monday to Friday from 8am - 4pm
Victim Lincs is a service put in place by the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) who is committed to ensuring that anyone affected by crime in Lincolnshire receives the support they need, regardless of whether they choose to report the crime to the police or not.
The PCC reviews the services provided regularly, ensuring they meet the needs of victims. If you wish to provide feedback about a service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org