Signatories of the Lincolnshire Concordat will commit to work together to improve outcomes for Lincolnshire women and girls at risk of entering or who have already entered the criminal justice sector. These women and girls, often with multiple and complex needs, include some of the most vulnerable in our county. We will work together to address their needs, preventing trauma from happening or promoting recovery if trauma has been experienced already. In so doing we will apply the principles of the Lincolnshire Women’s Strategy in the provision and commissioning of all services in Lincolnshire. We will make sure that all our services and partners, including the voluntary sector, work together to support women and girls. We will promote the delivery of the strategic priorities of the Ministry of Justice Female Offender Strategy, which should result in:
- fewer women coming into the criminal justice system.
- fewer women in custody (especially on short-term sentences) and a greater proportion of women supported in the community successfully.
- better conditions for those who are in custody.
By participating in the Concordat, Lincolnshire agencies will agree to work together to identify and respond to the needs of women. This will mean changes to agencies’ 2021-22 business plans and strategic priorities in order to prevent women and girls entering the criminal justice system by ensuring that they have access to the services they need, at the times in their lives when those services will have the biggest impact and in ways that women themselves have told us will make a difference.
- City of Lincoln Council
- Development Plus
- Free from Violence and Abuse (FREEVA)
- Healthwatch Lincolnshire
- Lincolnshire Action Trust
- Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust
- Lincolnshire County Council
- Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LPFT)
- Lincolnshire Police
- Lincolnshire Police - Chaplaincy
- Mitie Care & Custody
- NHS Lincolnshire CCG
- North Kesteven District Council
- People, Potential, Possibilities Charity (P3)
- Sortified CIC
- South & East Lincolnshire Councils Partnership (Boston Borough Council, East Lindsey District Council and South Holland District Council)
- South Kesteven District Council
- The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire
- University of Lincoln
- We Are With You
- West Lindsey District Council
- Workers Education Association
- YMCA Lincolnshire
How to become a signatory
- Download the signatory document
- Email a signed copy of the signatory document to the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner will be in contact within 2-4 weeks with confirmation