Independent Member for Joint Independent Audit Committee Opportunities
The Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire and the Chief Constable have an established Joint Independent Audit Committee. They are seeking two members of the committee, one commencing November 2021, and a second commencing March 2022.
The Joint Independent Audit Committee is a key component of the corporate governance of the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) for Lincolnshire and the Chief Constable (CC). The committee has oversight, and provides independent review, of the effectiveness of the PCC and CC’s governance, risk management and control frameworks; financial reporting; annual governance processes, as well as internal and external audit reports.
Applications are sought from individuals who:
- Have an awareness of corporate governance and an understanding of the role of an audit committee.
- Are objective; can demonstrate independent thinking and are able to challenge constructively, with a focus on user needs and improvement.
- Bring specialist knowledge and experience to the committee such as risk management, governance, audit, HR, ICT, project management, policing.
- Have financial awareness, perhaps some treasury management knowledge, although accounting experience and an accounting qualification are not essential.
The PCC and CC are committed to having diverse and inclusive organisations that are representative of the communities that they serve.
Appointment will be for an initial period of four years. It is anticipated that the Committee will meet four times per year plus one workshop on the statement of accounts. A basic annual allowance (£1,000) and reasonable expenses will be payable for attendance. The option to join meetings remotely will be considered.
More information on the JIAC can be found here:
The deadline for receipt of completed applications is 30 June 2021.
Interviews will be held in July 2021, at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham, Lincoln or online via Microsoft Teams. Successful applicants will be subject to vetting prior to formal offer of the role.
If you have any queires please contact the HR Resourcing and Succession Planning Team on 01522 558235.
Related Documents & Further Reading
- Job Description (pdf)
- Person Specification (pdf)